Join the conversation at #NDCloudFirst
The University looks to the OIT to provide excellent service to our students, faculty, and staff. By leveraging the capabilities of cloud services, we can contribute a greater percentage of the OIT's organizational focus on initiatives which most closely align with the core mission of the University.
Our new strategy for campus will be to go "Cloud First" - looking for cloud-based solutions that meet the University's needs as the first step. A dedicated project team is also working to migrate the physical servers in Notre Dame's data center into a data center in the cloud that provides reliable, stable, fast, and flexible service.
ND Cloud First Approach
- ND VPC Diagram
- SQL Server Database Cloud Hosting Strategy
- MySQL Database Cloud Hosting Strategy
- Cloud Adoption in Higher Education - A Notre Dame Perspective - November 2014
- Notre Dame's Journey to the Cloud - January 2015
- Amazon AWS@ND - June 2014
Application Migration (Requires ND Login)
- Migrations In Process to Move to the Cloud
- Migrations Live in the Cloud
- Upcoming Migrations, Current & Next Quarter
- All Applications Fully Moved to the Cloud
- Retired Services
- Process Information for Technical Staff
- AWS Practioner Information
- AWS Official Reference Documentation
Office Hours for the Cloud First Team
You can talk with the Cloud First team during their office hours every Wednesday, 9:00am - 11:00am in 114 ITC. You can setup an appointment as well.
Faculty can also apply for educational grants from Amazon to use AWS resources for their courses.
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016