Learning Management Systems
The OIT offers support and information on a variety of services to provide faculty and other instructors with technology to manage their courses.
Sakai is the online environment designed to facilitate teaching, learning, and assessment at Notre Dame. The use of Sakai enables sharing of knowledge and new models of collaboration within and across disciplines, at Notre Dame and beyond.
Using Sakai, you can:
- Publish your syllabi
- Carry on discussions
- Provide web links to other resources
- Distribute files (PowerPoint, PDF, etc.)
- Create online quizzes
- Conduct surveys
- Enable students to submit assignments electronically
- Manage and post grades
- Cengage Mindtap*
- Kaltura Media Gallery
- Piazza: Online discussion forums
- PollEverywhere: Online polls for audience participation.
- Remind: Application for class communication and reminders.
- Sapling Learning*
*Tool with basic integration to Sakai, but no official support from the OIT. Please contact the vendor for technical support.