Beginning Saturday, June 5 at 8:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. (ET) Sunday, June 6, 2021, Office of Information Technologies (OIT) systems engineers will perform a variety of planned maintenance activities and upgrades.
The Oracle databases servicing Banner, ODS, and Application Manager (AppWorx) will be upgraded to the latest version. This process is expected to take up to 24 hours and will result in a longer than normal maintenance window for systems dependent on these databases. There will also be Banner application upgrades required for major projects currently underway.
Critical health and safety services will remain available during the outage.
Major IT services that may be UNAVAILABLE for some or all of the maintenance period include:
Banner and all administrative applications including:
- ODS reporting and all dependent applications (including GLez, PeopleEZ and Person Profile)
- Administrative systems (Admin Pages, Xtender, OnBase and other Banner-related systems)
- Payroll and benefits information, vacation/sick days, NOVO, class search, and other self-service (SSB) systems
- Batch and real time integrations with Banner
- Advance and other Oracle databases and related applications
- Business Objects
- Course Instructor Feedback
- DegreeWorks (Graduation Progress System)
- Permit parking (BOSSCARS and iNDCARS)
- CorpFS file storage
- Print@ND (Pharos)
- VoIP telephones
Services NOT affected by this maintenance include:
- Internet access
- Wired and wireless network services
- Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive)
- www.nd.edu (main ND web page)
- Centrex telephones