What do you do when you have a question about an IT service and the OIT Help Desk is closed? Now, you can contact the Help Desk’s new 24/7 virtual agent.
This chat feature can provide you with resources and answers to common questions about IT services at Notre Dame, such as:
- How do you connect your laptop or other device to eduroam? What about connecting to the wired network?
- Did you forget your ND account password?
- How do you add a new phone to your Okta account?
The virtual agent can also answer basic questions about Zoom, Sakai, Adobe applications, and virtual computer labs. If you need more help, you can also:
- Request to be transferred to a live agent (during regular business hours) for more specific issues.
- Create and submit a ticket to the Help Desk with your question or any issue. It will be reviewed by a Help Desk representative who will provide you with additional information.
- Inquire about updates for any incidents you may have reported to the Help Desk or service requests submitted through ServiceNow.
The next time you have a question about an IT service, try the Help Desk’s new virtual agent. Just go to the ServiceNow self-service website (servicenow.nd.edu), and click on the chat icon in the lower right-hand corner of the web page.
More information about how to use the chat feature is available in this knowledge article.