Tech Support for Remote Office
Remote work has its challenges, not the least of which is figuring out what to do when things don’t work. Here are a few common topics to consider.
What isn't supported?
The University does not provide support for home office networks, printers, or other devices. If you have questions about what is or is not supported, please contact your departmental IT support staff or contact the OIT Help Desk.
Some services require a VPN (Virtual Private Network) when connecting from an off-campus network. This provides a more secure connection for information that is sensitive, or otherwise constrained.
- What is a VPN?
- What services require a VPN connection when accessed remotely?
- Connecting to the VPN - Cisco AnyConnect
- Notre Dame VPN with Mobile devices:
In addition to VPN considerations, you may also struggle with network quality. While the university doesn’t support your home internet access, we do offer a few ideas for common problems.
- How can I improve my home network performance so I can teach/work/learn remotely?
- Residential Internet service providers in the areas surrounding main campus
You can reach the OIT Help Desk via the following options:
- ServiceNow Self-Service Portal: servicenow.nd.edu (the knowledge base is available 24/7!)
- Telephone: 574-631-8111
- Walk-in: 115 DeBartolo Hall
- Chat: servicenow.nd.edu (click icon at bottom right of screen)
- Email: email@example.com