Google has introduced Team Drives, a new collaboration tool. It is designed to simplify managing shared files for department and project teams, clubs, groups, committees, etc.
Team Drives is located within Google Drive, and will display beneath your My Drive space in your Google Drive. Anyone who manages files for groups or teams can take advantage of these benefits:
- Ownership: Files in Team Drives are owned by the file space, not an individual. If a member leaves the group, the files are still accessible by all remaining members
- Organization: The file and folder organization in a Team Drive is identical for each member of that Team Drive.
- Search: You can search for files and folders within a specific Team Drive.
Learn more about Team Drives, and if it’s right for you here:
- FAQ page
- Discussion Guide for Switching Your Area to Team Drives
- A Getting Started Guide for Team Drives
- Download the Team Drives Quick Reference Guide (QRG)
You can also take advantage of informative Team Drives demonstration/question-and-answer sessions and hands-on training. The dates and times are listed below. Registration is not required.
Team Drives Demonstration/Q&A Sessions
These are one-hour sessions.
- Wed, Feb 7, 10:00-11:00am, Auditorium, Eck Visitor Center
- Tue, Feb 13, 2:00-3:00pm, Room 132, Corbett Family Hall
- Wed, Feb 21, 3:00-4:00pm, Room 200, Main Building
Team Drives Hands-On Training Classes (sign up through Endeavor)
It is recommended that you have prior experience working in Google Drive before attending this training class. To register for Google Drive training classes, go to endeavor.nd.edu and search for Google Drive.
- Tue, Feb 6, 2:30-4:30pm
- Thu, Feb 15, 9:30-11:30am
- Thu, Mar 1, 2:30-4:30pm
- Tue, Mar 13, 9:30-11:30am
- Wed, Apr 11, 9:30-11:30am
- Wed, May 2, 2:30-4:30pm