Google will be introducing Team Drives, a new collaboration tool beginning Monday, January 8, 2018. This new tool simplifies managing shared files for department and project teams, clubs, groups, committees, etc.
Team Drives is located within Google Drive, and will display beneath your My Drive space in your Google Drive. Anyone who manages files for groups or teams can take advantage of these benefits:
- Ownership: Files in Team Drives are owned by the file space, not an individual. If a member leaves the group, the files are still accessible by all remaining members
- Organization: The file and folder organization in a Team Drive is identical for each member of that Team Drive.
- Search: You can search for files and folders within a specific Team Drive.
Find out more about Team Drives, and if it’s right for you. Go to the FAQ page.
You can also take advantage of informative Team Drives demonstration/question-and-answer sessions and hands-on training. The dates and times are listed below. Registration is not required.
Team Drives Demonstration/Q&A Sessions
These are one-hour sessions.
- Tue, Dec 5 from 3:00-4:00pm, Auditorium, Eck Visitors Center
- Wed, Dec 13 from 2:30-3:30pm, Lower Level, Grace Hall
- Tue, Jan 9, 10:30-11:30am, Room 200, Main Building
- Tue, Jan 16 , 11:00am-noon, Lower Level, Grace Hall
- Wed, Jan 17, 9:00-10:00am, Room 132, Corbett Family Hall
- Wed, Jan 24, 10:00-11:00am, McNeil Room, LaFortune Student Center
- Tue, Jan 30, 2:30-3:30pm, Room B101, Jenkins-Nanovic Halls
- Fri, Feb 2, 11:00am-noon, McNeil Room, LaFortune Student Center
- Wed, Feb 7, 10:00-11:00am, Auditorium, Eck Visitor Center
- Tue, Feb 13, 2:00-3:00pm, Room 132, Corbett Family Hall
- Wed, Feb 21, 3:00-4:00pm, Room 200, Main Building
Team Drives Hands-On Training Classes (sign up through Endeavor)
It is recommended that you have prior experience working in Google Drive before attending this training class. To register for Google Drive training classes, go to endeavor.nd.edu and search for Google Drive.
- Wed, Jan 10, 9:30-11:30am
- Thu, Jan 11, 2:30-4:30pm
- Mon, Jan 15, 2:30-4:30pm
- Tue, Jan 23, 9:30-11:30am
- Tue, Feb 6, 2:30-4:30pm
- Thu, Feb 15, 9:30-11:30am
- Thu, Mar 1, 2:30-4:30pm
- Tue, Mar 13, 9:30-11:30am
- Wed, Apr 11, 9:30-11:30am
- Wed, May 2, 2:30-4:30pm