OIT’s Technical Training classes will continue through the end of the semester as faculty, staff and students work remotely. Beginning March 23, 2020, all remaining training classes will be hosted via Zoom. These classes are easy to access. Just a few clicks on your computer, and you’re there!
Classes being offered in April and early May include:
Google Drive classes:
- Introduction to Google Drive
- More Drive Features: Learn about more features beyond the introduction class
- Shared Drives
- Working in Docs, Sheets and Slides: An overview of each of these applications
- Google Sheets Macros and Pivot Tables: Advanced spreadsheet classes
- Google Groups, and Mail Merge using Google and Gmail
- Rush: An easy-to-use video creation tool for any skill level
- Spark: Learn how to make posters, web pages and videos using templates and embedded styles
- InDesign: Basic, Intermediate, Tips & Tricks, and our new class on Tables, Calendars and Grids: Learn to use this publication design tool
- Photoshop: Introduction, Basic Photo Manipulation, and Working with Color
- Spreadsheet classes: Introduction to Spreadsheets, and Formulas & Functions: Covers both Excel and Google Sheets
- Excel Pivot Tables: Advanced spreadsheet class
- Qualtrics Forms classes: Data & Analysis, Reports, and Workflow: Advanced features of the powerful form and survey tool
- dataND: Introduction Learn about the various kinds of data available about the University and how to use the ND portal to access it
- Data Governance Learn how University data is managed and classified, and who can get access
See the Discover IT for dates and times.
Here are some tips about class registration and attending the class online:
Before the Class
Anyone who has registered for a class will be contacted via email a week before the class with information about how to join the class, where to find the class documents and files, and any other details about that particular class. Additionally, some classes will require you to install software on your computer in advance.
How To Join the Class
You will receive a link to the Zoom session for your class in an email. If you are new to Zoom, you can go to zoom.us/download and download the application to your computer. There is a Zoom Quick Reference Guide for anyone who needs information on how to use it, or those who just need a quick refresher.
If you have any questions, contact 574-631-7227 or email@example.com.