To avoid losing wireless connectivity on Thursday, December 12, you need to run the eduroam setup utility on your laptop, smartphone, and/or tablet. The security certificate for eduroam wireless will change, and the eduroam setup utility is the most reliable way to configure the new certificate on your device.
To maintain access to the eduroam network, follow these steps:
- Open a browser from an existing network (eduroam, ND-Guest, wired, home, etc.)
- Download the eduroam utility at eduroam.nd.edu
- Follow the instructions to run the eduroam utility
- For additional details, go to this knowledgebase article.
- Repeat these steps for all of your devices (laptops, smartphones, and tablets)
PLEASE NOTE: To run the utility on an iPhone or iPad, you must use the Safari browser. The utility will not work on iOS devices using the Chrome browser. Laptop users and Android users can use the Chrome browser.
If you do not run the utility before December 12, your devices may no longer connect to the eduroam network. Note: Many IT services are not accessible when connected to ND-Guest, including PrintND/Pharos, grades and schedule information through insideND, Banner, Remote Apps, CorpFS, SharePoint, GLez, PeopleEZ, Business Objects, and others. To restore access to the eduroam network after December 12, follow the steps above.
The OIT Help Desk will have special hours and locations to help people with this transition!
Phone Support Hours:
- Wednesday 12/11 until 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday 12/12 until 10:00 p.m.
- Friday 12/13 until 5:00 p.m.
- 128 DeBartolo Hall (Wednesday 12/11 and Thursday 12/12 until 8:00 p.m.)
- Hesburgh Library (Wednesday 12/11 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Thursday 12/12 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 pm; Friday 12/13 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Duncan Student Center (Wednesday 12/11 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Thursday 12/12 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 pm; Friday 12/13 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- LaFortune Student Center (Wed. 12/11 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.; Thursday 12/12 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Friday 12/13 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
- North Dining Hall (Wednesday 12/11, Thursday 12/12 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.; Friday 12/13 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
- South Dining Hall (Wednesday 12/11, Thursday 12/12 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.; Friday 12/13 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)