Mobile and Cellular Service
Discounts from Mobile Service Providers
AT&T offers a discount to Notre Dame students, faculty and staff who subscribe to the AT&T Mobility service.
University of Notre Dame faculty & staff are eligible for a 15% monthly service discount on qualified voice and data plans. To see exclusive offers, employees can go to: www.att.com/wireless/notredameemployee To find your nearest retail location, go to www.att.com/find-a-store Please reference discount code 2391195.
Students at Notre Dame are eligible for 10% monthly service discount on qualified voice and data plans and can visit: www.att.com/wireless/fightingirish If going to a retail location, please reference discount code 2391191.
Already an AT&T customer? To register the account for the discount go to www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment Enter your Notre Dame email and mobile number. It will then send you an email with a few additional instructions.
For questions regarding the discount program, please contact Jason Isaac.
Notre Dame employees and students can qualify for savings on new and existing accounts through the Sprint Works program. Just go to:
- Employees Corporate ID: GAUNV_NTR_ZZZ
- Student Corporate ID: GAUNV_NTR_ZST
Existing Sprint customers can register your account from your computer or smartphone here. Select Current or New Customer. Enter your phone #. There will be an option that says you are an educator or student. Fast track your verification. Select this option and follow the instructions. Any eligible savings may take 1-2 billing cycles to apply.
For questions regarding the Sprint Works Program or current promotions, please contact Beth.Rapa@sprint.com.
Notre Dame faculty and staff qualify for an exclusive plan called T-Mobile Amplified—an exclusive savings of up to 33% off on 4 lines (with AutoPay) for you and your family which is not available in stores. Make the switch and get these premium benefits at no extra charge:
- Unlimited talk, text and data—all on America's Best Unlimited Network
- Taxes & fees included. No surprise charges on your monthly bill
- Netflix at no extra charge for almost any device, even TV, with 2+ qualifying lines
- Unlimited talk and text in Mexico & Canada, with up to 5GB of 4G LTE data
- Up to 20GB of 4G LTE Smartphone Mobile Hotspot data with unlimited 3G Hotspot data
- Unlimited Gogo® inflight WiFi and texts on Gogo-equipped flights to, from or within the United States
- Unlimited HD Video streaming—you can enjoy high-definition content in the United States
- Name ID/Scam Alert—Includes caller ID, text ID and the power to block unwanted calls and texts
- Voicemail-to-Text—Transcribes voicemails to email or text for moments when you can't listen
- No-cost DIGITS number with each line. Have multiple numbers? Access up to 2 lines from a single device for FREE
- T-Mobile Tuesdays—Get thanked with FREE STUFF every week from the app
There is no need to wait! T-Mobile will pay off your previous carrier's service contracts and device payments (up to $650 per line), with trade-in and device purchase. Up to 5 lines.
Check out the other plans available through the employee program (cannot be combined with T-Mobile Amplified):
- Are you 55 years old or older? You can qualify for T-Mobile Unlimited 55+ Plan. Two lines with unlimited everything for $35/line with Auto Pay.
- Are you or a family member active or retired military? You qualify for T-Mobile ONE Military Plan with all the benefits of the unlimited plan at a special discounted price. 50% off family lines.
Pricing is available for new and existing customers through T-Mobile Activations by calling 1-855-570-9947, and mentioning the University of Notre Dame promo code 8845TMOFAV. Or you can visit the T-Mobile website.
For questions about any T-Mobile program, contact Jennifer Villanueva.
Verizon Wireless offers a discount to the Notre Dame community. For details, please visit the Verizon Wireless Web Site.
Faculty/staff receive a discount on all personal Verizon Wireless service plans. To receive the Verizon discount please visit your local Verizon retail store, or call Customer Service at 800-922-0204.
These discounts do not apply to University-provided Verizon corporate lines.
To renew your Verizon discount take a paystub to a local corporate store. Make sure the store you are visiting is a corporate store and not an "authorized retailer". To find a local corporate store click here.
AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint have all activated WiFi Calling for cell service in the South Bend market.
In order to use this new feature, iPhone owners must have an iPhone 5c or newer and must be on at least iOS 9. To activate on an iPhone:
- Open your Settings App
- Select Phone
- Select WiFi Calling
- You will be asked to register your Emergency Address
- For Verizon, you have to register an address it recognizes
- For AT&T the Emergency Address will auto-populate with your billing (typically home) address
The availability and configuration for Android devices can vary significantly based on the type of phone you have and the current software version that you are on. Good information can be found online, or you can contact your carrier.
WiFi calling is a great alternative if you work in an area of campus that has poor cell reception (particularly basements, where WiFi is still strong).
International students who would like to sign up for cellular service with AT&T Mobility or Verizon wireless, but who do not have a United States Social Security Number or record of credit history, currently are required by the providers to pay a refundable deposit. The deposit typically costs between $500.00 and $1,000.00 (USD). The cellular providers refund the deposits after one year of service on accounts that are in good standing. Please visit the Verizon or AT&T Mobility websites for more information.
Departmental Cellular Service
Some departments on campus supply mobile telephones to their employees because the nature of their jobs requires them. Please call (574) 631-8100 for detailed information on ordering cell phones for departmental purposes.
Cellular Phone Rental Service
Rental phones are available for $5.00 per day. The phones will work across in the US or internationally. Any roaming or long distance charges incurred would also be the renter's responsibility. Please call (574) 631-8100 for information on cellular phone rentals on campus.