Family of products, tools, and technologies to build applications, including:
- Visual Basic
- Visual C#
- Visual C++
- Visual F#
Effective 6/1/2014, Microsoft will no longer allow Visual Studio to be licensed by Notre Dame through its Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (formerly known as the Campus Agreement). If Visual Studio was installed under a previous Microsoft EES Agreement, it must be replaced immediately after the current agreement expires 5/31/2014.
Notre Dame has subscribed to the Microsoft Dreamspark Standard for Academic Institutions, which allows Visual Studio to be installed for academic purposes ONLY (academic instruction, academic projects, and non-commercial research).
Microsoft Visual Studio is licensed for use ONLY in the following conditions:
- Only current Notre Dame faculty may download and use this title.
- This software may ONLY be used for academic purposes (academic instruction, academic projects, and non-commercial research), and NOT for administrative purposes.
- This software may ONLY be installed on computers that are owned by the University of Notre Dame, NOT on personally-owned computers.
- You are not allowed to copy, distribute, or reverse engineer this software.
- This software is the copyrighted property of Microsoft.
If your use of the software will not be exclusively for educational purposes, please contact OIT Software to review MSDN subscription options.
If you are Notre Dame staff who will use the software exclusively for academic purposes, please contact the OIT to describe your use and request this software.
In order to download this software, you must be on campus (not just connected via VPN).