New classes will debut in the coming weeks—all designed with your changing training needs in mind.
Need to learn a Google app and can’t find a scheduled class? Now, you can choose from a variety of on-demand classes that focus on using these tools at Notre Dame.
No time to attend a long Photoshop class? New shortened Photoshop classes are available that will teach you how to touch up and manipulate your photos.
With the new on-demand classes, you can learn these apps with no more waiting for a scheduled class.
Access these classes in Endeavor through ND’s new online training partner Udemy.
- Basic Gmail for New Users at Notre Dame
- Basic Google Calendar for New Users at Notre Dame
- Working in Docs, Sheets and Slides at Notre Dame
- Google Mail Merge at Notre Dame
- Google Groups at Notre Dame
More Notre Dame titles will be added in the coming months. The full list of the on-demand classes, their links and access information are available in this knowledge article.
New Photoshop Classes
The popular Photoshop class Basic Photo Manipulation has been divided into three classes—each just an hour long. Prior Photoshop experience is helpful for these classes, but is not required.
- Touching Up Your Photos: Learn how to clean up your photos using the Crop, Healing Brush, Patch, and Clone Stamp tools among others. Topics include straightening, covering blemishes, and the consideration of perspective.
- Adding and Removing Elements: Learn how to manipulate your photos by removing unwanted elements, or adding elements from other photos. This class will focus on the use of the Eraser, Quick Selection, and Object Selection tools to remove and add people and items.
- Resolving Color Issues: Learn how to adjust color as well as contrast and brightness in your photos. This class will introduce adjustment layers and many of Photoshop’s functions that deal with color.
In addition to the new Photoshop classes, other classes offered in November include basic Qualtrics and InDesign, advanced spreadsheets, macros in both Excel 2019 and Google Sheets, InDesign Intermediate and Adobe Spark.
The full technical training schedule is available at oit.nd.edu/training. To register for technical training classes go to endeavor.nd.edu. Having trouble finding classes in the new Endeavor interface? Click on Library on the left, then OIT Technical Training. All instructor-led classes are listed there. On-demand classes are listed in Udemy.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact OIT training at 574-631-8679 or email@example.com.